Immigration Lawyer Oakville

Immigration Lawyer Oakville

Competent & Certified Legal Services

Immigration Lawyers in Oakville

With multiple offices across the GTA, including Oakville, Ontario, immigration is an incredibly important part of our practice. All of our immigration lawyers at Prudent Law are licensed by the Law Society of Ontario. Our goal is to always provide clear and strategic answers to our clients’ questions. We have assisted many individuals and families who have made the decision to live, work, study or do business in Canada. Our services range from temporary resident applications to permanent resident applications. We are also experienced in handling reconsideration requests, appeals, and judicial reviews. Our team has a unique ability to interpret complex legal immigration rules and procedures in order to deliver the strongest possible immigration solutions for our clients. By putting your trust in Prudent Law, we ensure a pleasant and friendly experience.

Immigration Lawyers in Oakville

The staff at Prudent Law were extremely professional, efficient and left a positive impression. They were always available and promptly responded to all my questions. - K.L.

The staff at Prudent Law were extremely professional, efficient and left a positive impression. They were always available and promptly responded to all my questions. - K.L.

We Can Simplify the Immigration Process to Canada for You or Your Loved Ones

Immigration can be a complex and challenging process to navigate on your own. There are many nuances that can only be understood with years of immigration experience. Our team of dedicated immigration lawyers understand what immigration officers are looking for and how to present this information in a clear and concise format. We are able to incorporate legal arguments and case law in order to demonstrate how each applicant has met the legal threshold required to be met by Immigrations Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). In addition, we are able to identify red flags and points of concern the immigration officer may have with each application, and with our experience we are able to communicate and explain in an effective manner, how the applicant is able to overcome these issues. By choosing us, you can rest assured that your application will be handled with utmost professionalism and prudency.

How One Can Immigrate to Canada

Express Entry

Express Entry is a permanent resident pathway and is designed for those who are looking to migrate to Canada permanently. Applicants are assessed based on factors such as their age, marital status, work experience, education, language abilities in English and/or French, and ability to adapt to life in Canada. They are then given what is known as a Comprehensive Ranking System Score (CRS Score). Based on this score, an applicant may be invited to apply for Permanent Residency by the government of Canada. Therefore, it is essential to ensure that each applicant is able to generate the highest CRS Score possible, as this will give the applicant the best chance at selection. Applying for permanent residency through the express entry system is a complicated and competitive process that can be delayed by incomplete or inadequate applications. Working with an experienced immigration lawyer that is able to assist you with strategies to help improve your CRS Score and ensure that your application is complete and submitted correctly, could be the difference between receiving or not receiving an invitation to apply.


If you wish to study in Canada, you will likely need to apply for a study permit. A study permit will allow the permit holder to study at a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) in Canada. These study permits also authorize the permit holder to work for up to 20 hours per week with any employer in Canada during the course of their academic career. An applicant’s spouse and dependent children may also be authorized to accompany the study permit holder for the duration of their studies. There are many common errors made by inexperienced applicants that result in refusals. To be eligible for a study permit, you must demonstrate that you have an acceptance letter from a Designated Learning Institution in Canada; demonstrate sufficient financial resources to support your stay in Canada; must not be criminally inadmissible; must pass a medical examination, if required; and must demonstrate that you intend to leave Canada once your study permit expires. In addition to this, the immigration officer expects to see supporting documentation for each factor. An experienced immigration lawyer can identify these supporting documents and help ensure that your application has the best chance at an approval.

Family Sponsorship

Canada is committed to having families reunited. As a result, Canadian permanent residents and citizens can sponsor the following family members for immigration to Canada: Spouse or common-law partner;

Conjugal partner (in a conjugal relationship for at least one year, but unable to live together outside of Canada for various reasons, including religious factors, sexual orientation, or immigration barriers; Dependent children up to age 22 who are not married, or older children who have a mental or physical disability; and

Parents or grandparents.

Note that you cannot sponsor a family member if you are in prison or have been convicted of a serious crime, or, if you are bankrupt or are in arrears with respect to court-ordered spousal or child support.

These applications are extensive and complex. Any misrepresentation can lead to a refusal along with a five (5) year ban.

The consequences of not providing an accurate and complete application can be devastating. In order to ensure this does not happened, it is important to hire an experienced immigration lawyer to handle the process on your behalf. A well drafted and comprehensive application will also ensure that there are not any delays in the processing of your application, and that your loved ones are reunited with you in Canada as soon as possible.

Temporary Resident Visa

A visitor visa, also known as a temporary resident visa, is issued to qualified individuals to enter Canada as a temporary resident. There are three types of visitor visas:

  • Single-entry Visa: enables a temporary resident to enter and remain in Canada for a specified period;
  • Multiple-entry Visa: enables a temporary resident to re-enter Canada as many times as they choose during a specified period, up to ten years. Each visit to Canada cannot exceed six months; and
  • Super Visa: This is only available to parents and grandparents of a Canadian permanent resident or citizen. These visa’s are similar to a multiple-entry visa, however, each visit can last up to two years, and the visa itself can be valid for up to 10 years.

To qualify for a visitor visa, an applicant must demonstrate the following: they must have a valid travel document; must have sufficient ties to their home country or country of residence; must have sufficient funds to support their stay in Canada; must be in good health; and must not be otherwise inadmissible to Canada. In order to ensure that your application has the highest chance of approval, it is important to demonstrate to the immigration officer that the applicant intends to leave at the end of their authorized visit. There are many ways to do this. Hiring an experienced immigration lawyer will ensure that the right supporting documents are provided to the immigration officer in order the demonstrate this intent. This could be the difference between getting an approval or a rejection.

Work Permit

Temporary work permits authorize foreign nationals to work in Canada for a specified period of time. Work permits are issued in relation to several factors, including work experience, education, pilot programs, and employment needs in Canada. There are several types of work permits, including:

  • Closed Work Permits: authorize the permit holder to work in Canada for a specific employer and location.
  • Open Work Permits: authorize the permit holder to work in Canada for any employer and in any location. The permit may be restricted to work in a specific industry, however.
  • Post-Graduate Work Permits: enable international students who have graduated from a designated learning institution in Canada to gain work experience in their area of study.

Making sure that you provide the right supporting documentation to prove the above stated factors is a crucial part of the work permit application. Hiring an experienced immigration lawyer will ensure that your application is as strong as possible, giving you the best chance at an approval.

Contact Our Oakville Immigration Lawyer to Help You With Immigration Matter

At Prudent Law, our immigration lawyers are trusted advocates for our clients in a wide range of immigration matters. We provide clarity with respect to Canada’s complex immigration system and policies and help clients achieve their unique immigration goals.
You can contact our head of immigration, Ajay Atwal, at with your specific inquires, or, you can phone us at 905-361-9789 to speak with an experienced immigration lawyer about your immigration needs.


    Prudent Law is one of the most professional and courteous real estate lawyer's in Mississauga. They give practical advice and have excellent knowledge of real estate law. - K.S.

    Our Services

    Why You Need An Experienced Real Estate Lawyer On Your Side

    Why You Need An Experienced Real Estate Lawyer On Your Side

    What Does A Real Estate Lawyer Do?

    What Does A Real Estate Lawyer Do In Canada?

    What Is A Litigation Lawyer And What Do They Do?

    What Is A Litigation Lawyer And What Do They Do?

    Contact Prudent Law in Mississauga for Trusted Legal Guidance & Representation

    From our offices in Mississauga we serve individual and corporate clients in Peel Region, Halton Region, and throughout Southwestern Ontario in a wide variety of matters relating to real estate, business and litigation. To discuss your matter with one of our skilled lawyers, please call us at 905-361-9789 or contact us online.

    #360 – 4 Robert Speck Parkway, Mississauga, Ontario, L4Z 1S1

    consumer choice badge consumer choice badge consumer choice badge