Immigration Lawyer Milton

Immigration Lawyer Milton

Reliable Immigration Legal Services From Immigration Lawyers

Efficient Immigration Lawyers in Milton

Canada is one of the most popular destinations for immigrants. Given its high demand for immigrants, the country has created different pathways to make the process of moving to Canada straightforward. Every year, thousands of immigrants submit applications seeking the opportunities the country has to offer.

Moving to a new country is a significant decision that involves many steps. Immigration to Canada can be challenging, given the many immigration categories and the extensive documentation involved. The process of applying for a visa and work permit can be overwhelming. You don’t need an immigration lawyer to immigrate to Canada. However, working with an immigration lawyer with vast experience and legal proficiency can make the process easier. Prudent Law can take care of all your immigration needs. You can trust our immigration lawyers in Milton to help you navigate the intricate immigration landscape. Our immigration lawyers stay up-to-date with the latest developments in immigration law, which enables us to provide reliable legal services.

Efficient Immigration Lawyers in Milton

Prudent Law is one of the most professional and courteous real estate lawyer's in Mississauga. They give practical advice and have excellent knowledge of real estate law. - K.S.

Prudent Law is one of the most professional and courteous real estate lawyer's in Mississauga. They give practical advice and have excellent knowledge of real estate law. - K.S.

Prudent Law Will Help You Maneuver Complex Legal Processes

The immigration process in Canada is diverse and intricate and requires applicants to deal with several legal hurdles. Meeting all the necessary requirements can be a daunting task for someone with no experience with the process. Our immigration lawyers at Prudent Law possess a wealth of knowledge of the immigration process. They will provide invaluable guidance and ensure that you understand what is expected of you.

You can immigrate to Canada through many streams. Each immigration program is unique, and selecting the best option is challenging and time-consuming. A lawyer will assess your eligibility for different programs and recommend the most suitable for your situation. Going it alone may not be the best option, especially if your case is complicated or the Canadian immigration service has denied you entry before. A lawyer can make your chances for a successful immigration higher. Our lawyers will also suggest ways of improving your application to increase your likelihood of being approved.

The Different Immigration Streams into Canada

Canada offers many opportunities for growth and development. However, navigating the numerous immigration options is not easy. Seeking the right support goes a long way in making the immigration process simple. The legal team at Prudent Law will provide the guidance you need to navigate the system successfully. Our lawyers are well-versed with the Canadian immigration law and can help you with the following immigration pathways:

Express Entry

Express Entry is the quickest way of getting permanent residency in Canada. However, to get into this program, you must be a highly skilled person. This stream is point-based, whereby you are scored based on your education, qualifications, skills, and experience. The streams with this pathway include:

  • Federal Skilled Worker Program – For this stream, the applicant must have at least ten years of work experience in professional jobs, managerial jobs, and technical or skilled trades.
  • Federal Skilled Trades Program – You must have experience in a skilled trade to apply for this stream.

The Express Entry program is highly competitive. Working with an experienced immigration lawyer speeds up the process. The process can be delayed if you submit an incomplete application. A lawyer with expertise ensures that the application is filled correctly the first time.

Study Permits

Studying in Canada is also a pathway to immigrate to Canada. Many international students decide to permanently reside in Canada after completing their studies. International students can explore the many pathways available to them to enable them to transition into Canadian permanent residence status. The only drawback is that most immigration programs require skilled work experience. Students can apply for a post-graduation work permit that allows them to work in Canada and gain experience. Other pathways to permanent residency that international students can explore are:

  • Canadian Experience Class
  • Quebec Immigration Options
  • Provincial Nominee Programs
  • Federal Skilled Worker Program

Family Sponsorship Programs

The Canadian immigration policy supports family reunification. Every year, the country welcomes thousands of immigrants and families through this program. Canadian citizens or those who are permanent residents can sponsor their relatives to relocate and live in Canada permanently.

Here are the four common family law sponsorship assistance programs:

  • Spousal and Common-law Partner sponsorship
  • Dependent child sponsorship
  • Orphaned family members and siblings’ sponsorship
  • Parents’ and Grandparents’ sponsorship

Work Permits

Before a Canadian employer can hire a foreign worker, the employer must first obtain a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). Sometimes called a confirmation letter, a positive LMIA serves as proof that the employer has tried to fill the position with a permanent resident or Canadian citizen but failed. Therefore, they have to hire a foreign worker.

When a foreign worker is applying for a work permit, they attach a copy of a positive LMIA, though there are some exceptions. Below are the common types of work permits:

  • Closed work permits
  • Open work permits
  • Closed work permits that are LMIA-exempt

Most types of work permits are closed work permits that require an LMIA. With a closed work permit, a foreign worker works for a particular employer in a defined region.

With an open work permit, a foreign worker can work for any employer, in any position, and any location. You don’t require a job offer before you apply for an open work permit because it does not need an LMIA.

Visitor Visas

Anyone who is not a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or from a visa-exempt country needs a visitor visa to enter Canada. There are three main types of visitor visas in Canada:

  • A Single Entry Visa – With this visa, you can only enter Canada for one time.
  • Multiple Entry Visa – This visa allows you to enter and stay in Canada for up to six months at a time for as many times as you like.
  • Super Visa – This visa also allows you to enter Canada multiple times, and you can stay for up to two years per visit.

Prudent Law: We Provide a Wide Array of Canadian Immigration Services

At Prudent Law Milton, we have a team of highly skilled and experienced lawyers who help clients in different immigration cases. You can count on our support irrespective of the type of immigration issue you face. Our immigration law services include:

Representing Clients in All Immigration Issues

  • We can help you file an appeal of IRCC Decision
  • Removal and Deportation Orders
  • Inadmissibility on Medical Grounds or Criminal Record
  • Detention Review
  • Misrepresentation
  • Authorization to Return

Permanent Residency

  • Provincial Nominee Programs
  • Express Entry Programs
  • Business Investors
  • Spousal and Family Sponsorship
  • Humanitarian and Compassionate Ground Applications

Temporary Residency for Students, Workers, and Visitors

  • Study Permits and Student Visas
  • Visitor Visas
  • Work Permits
  • Super Visas
  • Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)
  • Labour Market Impact Assessments for Employers

Canadian Citizenship

  • Citizen Revocation
  • Citizenship Refusals
  • Citizen Applications
  • Passport Applications & Refusals
  • Citizenship Resumption

Contact Prudent Law in Milton for Dedicated Legal Guidance and Representation in Canadian Immigration Matters

At Prudent Law, we regularly work with clients seeking to immigrate to Canada. We have been highly recognized for our commitment and proficiency in the field. We work with individuals and corporate clients to provide creative and efficient solutions for a wide range of immigration issues. We have a great deal of experience in helping clients to acquire permanent and temporary visas. We understand that immigration solutions are not one-size-fits-all, given the many channels through which you can immigrate to Canada. We will take the time to evaluate your situation to enable us to recommend the most suitable immigration pathway. All our lawyers and staff solely focus on immigration law. You can count on our reliable guidance in the ever-changing landscape of immigration requirements and regulations.

To speak with an experienced immigration lawyer about your immigration needs, complete our comprehensive assessment form and submit it via email to Gordon Vuong at To contact us without completing the form, please reach out or by phone at 905-361-9789.


    I highly recommend Prudent Law to anyone. Devesh is very professional and works hard for his clients. - F.C.

    Our Services

    Why You Need An Experienced Real Estate Lawyer On Your Side

    Why You Need An Experienced Real Estate Lawyer On Your Side

    What Does A Real Estate Lawyer Do?

    What Does A Real Estate Lawyer Do In Canada?

    What Is A Litigation Lawyer And What Do They Do?

    What Is A Litigation Lawyer And What Do They Do?

    Contact Prudent Law in Mississauga for Trusted Legal Guidance & Representation

    From our offices in Mississauga we serve individual and corporate clients in Peel Region, Halton Region, and throughout Southwestern Ontario in a wide variety of matters relating to real estate, business and litigation. To discuss your matter with one of our skilled lawyers, please call us at 905-361-9789 or contact us online.

    #360 – 4 Robert Speck Parkway, Mississauga, Ontario, L4Z 1S1

    consumer choice badge consumer choice badge consumer choice badge