Our Immigration Lawyers Make the Immigration Process Easier
Whatever your purpose for coming to Canada, it is best to seek the services of an experienced immigration lawyer. It doesn’t matter whether you are seeking employment, higher studies, or travelling on business; a lawyer makes the immigration process simpler.
At Prudent Law, our proficiency, combined with our many years of experience, makes it easy for us to handle different immigration matters. We can help you apply for a work or study permit, sponsor your family to join you in Canada or file a citizenship application. Our immigration lawyers in Burlington are committed to providing you with all the help and guidance you need to achieve your goal. Our immigration law services are designed to cater to the specific needs of our clients.
The Common Immigration Pathways into Canada
There are numerous ways to immigrate to Canada, but the suitable way depends on your individual profile. The good news is that every year, Canada welcomes hundreds of thousands of new immigrants. Before you start processing your immigration to Canada, you must first understand the different pathways to immigrate to Canada. Our lawyers at Prudent Law can guide you through the various immigration streams into Canada. Below are the common immigration pathways to Canada:
The Express Entry Program is the easiest way of gaining permanent residence in Canada. This is a system whereby foreign residents apply for immediate immigration to Canada. The Express Entry system allows you to submit your profile through the digital application to commence your process of permanent residency in Canada. The evaluation department uses a unique selection criterion to allocate points to the candidates. This allows the highest-ranking professionals to apply for permanent residency in Canada.
You can apply for the Express Entry under any of the following programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Canadian Experience Class
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
International students have an excellent option to study in Canada, which offers a wide range of benefits. You can apply to any of the globally recognized Canadian schools where you are assured of world-class education. Studying in Canada provides students with an outstanding opportunity to build lifelong connections, live in a multicultural environment, and gain significant work experience. Studying in Canada could enhance or give you an edge in your permanent residency application. Here are the benefits of coming to Canada on a study permit:
- You will have a higher chance of qualifying for a post-graduate work permit
- You will likely remain in Canada after graduating from a Canadian School
- It gives you the perfect opportunity to gain Canadian work experience
You must meet the following requirements when applying for a study permit:
- You must have been accepted to study in a designated institution in Canada
- You must have sufficient resources to support yourself in Canada
- Pass a medical examination
- Must not be criminally inadmissible
- You must prove that you will leave Canada after completing your studies
If you are a foreign national and want to work in Canada, you must have a valid work permit. There are three types of work permits:
- Open Work Permit – An open work permit allows you to work for any employer in Canada and at any location. However, you might be restricted to work for a particular industry.
- Closed Work Permit – This permit allows you to work in Canada but for a specific employer in a particular location.
- Post Graduate Work Permit – It allows international students who study in Canada to gain Canadian work experience.
Choosing a closed or open work permit will depend on your employment type and the work restrictions applicable to you. It is crucial that you apply for and obtain a valid work permit before you arrive in Canada. You must also obtain an entry visa alongside the work permit.
Through the family sponsorship program, the IRCC or Canadian government allows a person’s family members to immigrate to Canada and reside there as permanent citizens. The Canadian government prioritizes family sponsorship and reunification. Family sponsorship is among the established immigration programs in Canada that allow permanent residents and Canadian citizens to use their immigration status to sponsor family members for permanent residency in Canada.
The relatives or family members that are eligible to be sponsored include:
- Partners, spouses and dependent children
- Adopted children
- Parents and grandparents
- Relatives (some conditions apply)
The sponsor must be a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen and should be over 18 years old.
Foreigners from certain countries can enter Canada on a visitor visa, also known as a Temporary Resident Visa. Foreign nationals from some countries are only required to have an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) to visit Canada and do not need a visa. A visitor visa allows you to enter Canada for tourism or business purposes. You can choose from the following visa categories:
- Single-entry visa that allows you to enter Canada once
- With a multiple-entry visa, you can visit Canada as often as you like, but a single visit must not exceed six months
- A super visa allows you to visit Canada multiple times, but a single visit should not exceed two years
Prudent Law: Unmatched Legal Guidance on Canadian Immigration Matters
At Prudent Law, we provide end-to-end services that enable our clients to realize their dream of immigrating to Canada. With our team of efficient immigration lawyers in Burlington, our core goal is to provide our clients with outstanding legal representation in all immigration matters. Our lawyers can assist you as follows:
Handling All Immigration Matters
- Appealing an unsatisfactory IRCC Decision
- Deportation or Removal Order
- Inadmissibility on Criminal or Medical Grounds
- Detention Review
- Authorization to Return
Temporary Residency Study/Work/ Visitation
- Work Permits
- Super Visas
- Visitor Visas
- Temporary Resident Permits
- Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)
- Labour Market Impact Assessments for Employers
- Express Entry
- Spousal and Family Sponsorship
- Provincial Nominee Programs
- Humanitarian and Compassionate Ground Applications
- Citizenship Applications
- Passport Application and Appealing Refusals
- Citizenship Revocation
- Citizenship Refusals
- Citizenship Resumption
Contact Prudent Law in Burlington for Legal Guidance and Representation in Immigration Matters
At Prudent Law, we have a team of experienced immigration lawyers in Burlington who provide reliable immigration services. We have helped many people from different countries around the world resolve the immigration issues they face. Our immigration lawyers are committed to offering reliable immigration legal services to all clients, including investors, international students, foreign entrepreneurs, temporary foreign workers, and anyone seeking to move to Canada. We deal with every client on a one-to-one basis. When you contact us, we will schedule a lawyer consultation appointment so that you can receive all the answers to your questions. As one of the most trusted immigration law firms in Burlington, you can never go wrong by choosing our services.
To speak with an experienced immigration lawyer about your immigration needs, complete our comprehensive assessment form and submit it via email to Gordon Vuong at firstname.lastname@example.org. To contact us without completing the form, please reach out or by phone at 905-361-9789.